PlayStation.Blog Official PlayStation Blog for news and video updates on PlayStation, PS5, PS4, PS VR, PlayStation Plus and more.
- Official PlayStation Podcast Episode 413: Blink And You’ll Miss Itby Kristen Zitani on October 15, 2021 at 7:29 pm
Email us at PSPodcast@sony.com! Subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google or RSS, or download here This week the team celebrates 5 years of PlayStation VR and shares more games they almost missed out on. Stuff We Talked About PlayStation VR Sheepo Moss 2 Jackbox Party 8 Jett: The Far Shore A whole bunch of games
- Share of the Week: Moonlightby Kristen Zitani on October 15, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Last week, we asked you to take a stroll through the moonlight of your favorite games using #PSshare #PSBlog. From moon-soaked portraits to nights out on the road, here are this week’s highlights: Gamography_ shares a side profile of Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. dee_danya shares Dani making a daring dive in Far Cry 6.
- The story behind Jett: The Far Shore’s interstellar soundtrackby Craig D. Adams on October 15, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Jett's out now, it's resonating, and we're thrilled. It's the latest videogame from Superbrothers A/V and Pine Scented, it was co-created for years by two full-time people and composer scntfc, then bolstered by an all-star Jett Squad of contributors.
- An inside look at Zombies and Campaign mode in Call of Duty: Vanguardby Daniel Noel on October 14, 2021 at 5:00 pm
As we near the release of Sledgehammer Games’ Call of Duty: Vanguard on November 5, we’re excited to share with PlayStation players a deep-dive on two of the game’s core modes. It’s time to take a closer look at the epic characters and stories you’ll encounter across the single-player Campaign mode and in Zombies, the
- Battlefield Hazard Zone revealed: full details on the new experience for PS4 and PS5by Ellie Day on October 14, 2021 at 3:00 pm
How high are the stakes in the all-new Battlefield Hazard Zone? Let’s just say it’s definitely not for the faint of heart. A tense, squad-focused survival experience, Hazard Zone combines edge-of-your-seat gameplay with the best of the Battlefield sandbox. Before we dig into the details, let’s give you a little of the in-game history that
- The inspiration behind new games in The Jackbox Party Pack 8by Spencer Ham on October 14, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Hi, my name is Spencer Ham and I’m a game director at Jackbox Games. It’s time to dust off your cell phone because we’re releasing The Jackbox Party Pack 8 at PlayStation Store on October 14!
- Horizon Chase Turbo: Senna Forever expansion launches October 20by Paula Gagliardi on October 13, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Ayrton Senna was a legendary Brazilian driver who changed history – his name is still commonly remembered as one of the most iconic racers of all time. So what better way to honor his memory than to have a Brazilian-made PS4 game relive his steps in a nostalgia-driven arcade-style racing game? 😉 Horizon Chase Turbo:
- Moss creators reflect on five years of PS VRby Josh Stiksma on October 13, 2021 at 2:00 pm
Shuhei Yoshida, head of PlayStation Indies, Sony Interactive Entertainment, introduced the world to PlayStation VR by stating that it was going to be “the next innovation from PlayStation that will [shape] the future of games.” And boy was he right. For the past five years, PlayStation VR has provided the industry, specifically VR developers like
- Celebrating five years of PlayStation VRby Isabelle Tomatis on October 13, 2021 at 1:02 pm
Today marks the fifth anniversary of the day PlayStation VR was introduced to the world, and we want to take this moment to thank all of our fans and our talented development community for embracing this platform and supporting PS VR through the years. It’s amazing to see how virtual reality has really established itself
- Reflecting on FFXIV’s big comeback, from launch to November’s Endwalker expansionby Clara Hertzog on October 13, 2021 at 12:00 pm
In the industry, the development story of Final Fantasy XIV has reached an almost mythical status. After a difficult launch, the second massively multiplayer online RPG of the Final Fantasy franchise needed salvaging.